Saturday, October 18, 2008

Party!

We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family who love James so much. Thank you to everyone who came to James party and helped us celebrate the first year of James' life! It was wonderful to see everyone who has helped us so much this past year and are such an important part of James' and our lives. We missed Auntie Jenny, Uncle EE, and Cousin Z though! Of course I had to put up pictures of James since I have taken so many this past year!
James had his very own somewhat healthy sugar free smash cake. Although he liked playing in it, he did not actually get too much of it in his mouth. He had fun though, so that is all that matters. Here is a link to the recipe for the cake that I made him. http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipFirstBDay.htm It is the sugar free applesauce spice cake. For the frosting we used whipped cream cheese, apple juice and yogurt mixed together.James got so spoiled by everyone's generous gifts. He got all sorts of awesome toys, cute clothes, and great books. He actually did really well opening the presents and was really excited to see all of his new things. Thanks again everyone!!
Whew, what a long, busy day for James! It is fun to be one!

10 comments:

diana said...

Thank you for sharing your birthday with me James - I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

Kara said...

The b-day was uber cute! I'm sorry we had to bail, but I didn't want to interrupt present time. Addi had the best time and when we got to the car she said,"Going to baby James house is so fun!" Happy Birthday James!

Brynne said...

thanks for such a fun party! Grandpa Jim, great job with the photos! We had so much fun seeing you guys.

Senor Schnoodle said...

You forgot to mention that even though James didn't really eat the cake, I helped to clean up. Even though it was sugar free, that cake tasted awesome!

Sweet Baby James said...

Oh senor schnoo, I don't know how you find the time to blog with all the eating, sleeping, and barking you do. You are one talented dog.

Jenny said...

Looks like a great party- wish we could have been there. It was definitely more fun than what I was doing- teaching all day!

Zach, Lacey, Audrina, & Augustino said...

Happy Birthday James!

Katy, Tim, James and Schnoolde, thank you so much for having us all up, we had a great time!

It was so fun to see all the babies at their different stages, next year at this time they will all be playing together!

I hope James is feeling better after his tumble, and the babtism was less dramatic than Drina's!

Hope to see you this week!

Tonia said...

I had a great time at the party! James is lucky that the weather was so nice for his big day and we could all hang out outside.

PS - tell Jax he makes a good dishwasher : )

Little Miss Nelson said...

What a great 1st birthday party! Thanks for inviting us up to the Mont to celebrate with you, we loved it!

Anonymous said...

Super duper party! I really like James' "one"-sie. Get it?