Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Colors

We went up to the cabin this weekend to hang out with some of Tim's friends from college. I think we hit the peak weekend for the fall colors. It was awesome, I have never seen Summit County look so beautiful. We just drove around looking at the fall colors and I couldn't help but take a ton of pictures. The colors were so vibrant that the scenery looked fake.
This is the view from the balcony of the cabin-how lucky are we?

It was definitely fall weather and was nice and cool the whole weekend. We took this picture right before we left on Sunday afternoon.The thermometer in the car said 76 degrees when we left and it was sunny and gorgeous. Ten minutes later when we got to the tunnel, it was snowing, almost a total white-out and the car thermometer said 34 degress. You have to love Colorado. Where else does the temperature drop over 40 degrees in 10 minutes? I guess we left just in time. Anyway, the only thing better than awesome fall colors and weather is James sitting in front of fall colors. I tried to narrow the pictures down more than this, but he is just too cute and photogenic (I may be biased) and so there are a lot :-)And one last one of James who escaped when I was getting him dressed. Naked babies in knee socks are pretty hilarious.

8 comments:

Zach, Lacey, Audrina, & Augustino said...

Love every picture, post more! I agree when we were up in the mountains last weekend the colors were awesome, best I've seen them in a long time.
I love that you color coordinated James with the leaves, very cute.

Tonia said...

Looks like a movie set or something. So pretty!

Jenny said...

Those are amazing pictures- so cute!

Kara said...

I love the one of the fam in the woods -- great for your xmas card! The pics of James were adorable -- I love his blue and white knit hat!

Jill said...

You take amazing pictures!! I need you to give me lessons or come to my house for a photo shoot. Also, James looks super cute in his Fall clothes.

diana said...

I too cast my vote for the family picture for your Christmas card...unless you get a cuter one next week! The colors are gorgeous - I think your new lens is a winner.

Grampa Jim said...

My o my do I miss Colorado.

I could almost smell the crsip cool air.

jodi said...

That is such a nice family picture! And James looks like such a happy kid. I can't believe he is almost one.