
I was very excited for James' one year well baby visit today. We missed his 9 month one, so we had not been in for 6 months. I love seeing how much he has grown and how he is doing with all of his milestones and development. James now weighs 17 lbs, he fell off the charts for weight, no big surprises there. But considering he has more than tripled his birth weight, I think he is doing great! His height is 28 inches which keeps him at the 10th percentile. I am a little surprised he isn't taller with me and Tim for parents. Perhaps he is getting some height genes from his Grandpa Jim and Grandma Katie. His head is a whopping 19 inches which bumped him up to the 90th percentile. No wonder I am shopping in the toddler section for all his hats. He continues to hit milestones, but tends to be on the later side of things. He is just moving at his own pace, which is fine by me. The only thing not perfect with James is that he is anemic. We are starting a vitamin with iron and will try to feed him more iron rich foods. No shots and lots of attention from all of the nurses and doctors made James a big fan of his appointment. He was waving and blowing kisses to everyone in sight. Even though he hangs out in a diaper at the doctor, I still thought that he should wear an extra cute outfit. Here he is modeling it when we got home:


Stay tuned for loads and loads of pictures from his par-tay tomorrow!!!! We can't believe that we almost have a one year old little boy instead of a baby!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday James!
What a year for the Nichols....a new practice a new house and a whole year getting to know James...
Jamsey is my favorite little pale anemic baby. ;)
And I love your attitude towards letting James develop at his own pace. You rock! Happy bday Jamsey!
Happy Birthday! Amelie went to the doc recently and her head size is a little over 18 inches. Seriously? For a girl? Height/weight 50th percentile, so no proportion here! Sounds like she and James will be a good match :-)
Post a Comment