Saturday, October 17, 2009

For James

A lot has changed in the last 2 years.  You have gone from being a shy baby to an outgoing, hilarious little boy.  You used to nurse to sleep and only want me at night and now it is, "Goodnight Mama, love you Mama," before reaching out for your daddy to put you to bed. You wake up most mornings talking about baseball. Or asking for Jax and Daddy.  You used to hide against my shoulder when strangers would say hello, and now you will talk to anyone.  I love how you sing songs all day long and if you are upset, singing almost always makes it better. You are very cautious and are very hesitant to try something new for the first time. You love your friends and talk about them all the time. Nothing can make you happier or more frustrated than playing with your cousin Tay Tay.  You love hats, the Rockies, and anything blue. I love how much you enjoy being outside and playing any sport with a ball. You are afraid of things that ooze. You aren't afraid of the bath tub anymore, but you still hate getting your eyes and ears wet.  Sitting in someone's (anyone's) lap and being read to can entertain you for hours.  You love snacks. Meatballs are the only meat you will touch. I love that certain music will move you to tears. You are so perceptive that you are constantly surprising me with the things you notice and remember. You pump your left fist when you run. Your favorite animals are llamas. It used to worry me that you weren't a talker, and you now astound me with what you can say. You love to snuggle when you wake up grumpy from a nap. I love how much you love your family and your hugs and kisses. Your dad and I feel overwhelmed that we are lucky enough to have you as our very own. You are so loved, Happy Birthday Bubba!

Here are some snapshots from your 2nd birthday.  





10 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely! He is just amazing and perfect.

The O'Reillys said...

James is our very favorite two year old! I loved reading all those little tidbits about him - when he was first born you probably wondered all those things about him, now you know what a smart, funny, sweet boy he is!

The O'Reillys said...

P.s. That new bike looks awesome!

Grampa Jim said...

What a nice letter to James. James is also very lucky to have you and Tim as parents.....

And yes the bike looks very cool...what a big boy.

GRP said...

Although James is not my grandchild, his life and development has been followed happily, almost daily, through this wonderful medium. I am grateful to you, Katy, for allowing me to get to know James and to laugh with and about James depending on the day and the event. You are all very lucky to have each other and to have this loving, happy family in which James thrives. Happy entry into your third year of life, as of today, James. Life is Good. Love, Grace Pierson, Zephyr's other grandma

Brynne said...

Happy Birthday Jamesey! I love you, and I'm so proud and happy to see the little boy you're growing up to be! I miss you, and I can't wait to hang out in Crystal with you and Grandma Duffy and Peetah again! Love, Aunt Mommy

jodi said...

Happy birthday James! What a cute, sweet boy you are. love, Jodi

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday James! I love reading all about you also, and I really enjoy those Fridays when you get to entertain me for lunch.

Kara said...

So sweet! James is such an incredibly smart, talented and funny little guy. We can't get enough of him :)

Jill said...

So sweet. He seems like such a fun and loving boy. Happy Birthday!