Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Party Time!

We had James' birthday party a week early on Sunday.  He goes to a Music Together class every week and absolutely loves it and adores his teacher Xan and her guitar, so we decided to have a guitar/music themed party for James and his friends.  James' Ama (my mom) made him an awesome guitar themed outfit that he was very excited to wear for his party.  He literally talked about his party every single day last week so we were all excited when Sunday afternoon finally arrived!
Here is Xan playing the Hello Song to the kids.  I think she was hit, all of the kids from ages 5 months up to almost 4 years old seemed pretty entertained!  
Alec and Drina (and Erin and Lacey) shaking their eggs.
James and Gus around the gathering drum.
James and Taylor with the balls-James' favorite part of every music class (big surprise!)
Going for the instruments during the musical free for all at the end of class.
Time for cake!  James asked for a blue guitar cake, and that is what he got!


We left the house about 30 seconds after the last party guest left to get down to Denver to cheer for our Rockies, so James did not get to unwrap any gifts until this afternoon.  After watching him unwrap the gifts, I am very glad he did not do it at the party.  He absolutely adored every single gift he got and had to admire it, talk about it, have Tim remove all packaging materials and play with/read it/try it on before moving on to the next gift.  It was quite a process.  Everyone was so generous and James got awesome gifts! We are so lucky that almost all of his friends and their families got to celebrate with us. Thank you to everyone who came and made his birthday party so special.  We can not believe that our little boy will be 2 in just a few days! Where has this year gone?!
PS-to all the parents with kiddos at the party-we have some super cute pictures of all the kids during music class, so I will put them all in an album and email them to everyone soon :-)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I wish we could have been there! Jamsey's outfit is stylin'!

diana said...

Looks like a great party - wish I could have been there - although I don't think James missed me! Jenny - we can plan a birthday outfit for Z if you like...

Grampa Jim said...

So what flavor is a blue guitar cake?

Tonia said...

James is a very lucky kid! Looks like everyone had a blast. Happy Birthday a few days early :)

Kara said...

The party was fabulous! James loved all of those songs so much and I loved it when Addi and Taylor played their guitars and sang songs together for Brian.

Diana-
James' pants were so cute I couldn't even stand it! He is lucky to have such a talented Ama :)

Anonymous said...

Holy freaking cake! That's serious business. I also LOVE his Ama crafted outfit. Happy early Birthday, James!