Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday

Today started out with Trick or Treat storytime at the library. There were so many adorable babies and toddlers in cute costumes. I loved it.
After hearing a few Halloween stories and singing some songs, we walked across to the City Center building for Trick-or-Treating. 
James said "Trick-or-Treat" and "thank you" at every station. I think he even squeezed in a "Smell my feet" from his favorite Halloween book.
Returning to the library with his bag of loot that we prompty took away from him. Don't worry, he got a banana and was quite happy with it.
Tonight we had dinner, pumpkin carving and costumes with the cousins. Here he is with Tay and Baby Chloe the bumble bees. How cute are they?!

Getting ready to decorate some pumpkins.
The finished products. (and another pair of Halloween jams)
**************************************************************
 
And here is the big reveal of the Best.2 year old.Costume.Ever.
**************************************************************
Hulk Hogan. And allow me to pat myself on the back about my free handed puff painted Hulkamania logo on the bandana. Apparently I am crazy talented at using puff paint. 
It started out fun enough for James. He really liked the idea of the costume. 
Getting serious.
And then the mustache and boa came out and he was not happy.
At all.
Not even a little bit. Uncle Steve busted out his own fake mustache and he still wasn't feeling it. But don't worry, that didn't stop us.
We then tried bribing him with his first ever (seriously-first ever) piece of candy. Note the green skittle in his mouth. Still not happening.

I say, what fun is having kids if you can't dress them up for your own enjoyment? Rest assured, James will not be tortured with the Hulk Hogan outfit ever again. It is the dragon only from here on out. But the pictures were enjoyable, right? And I am really good at puff painting, right?

6 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

OMG - those pictures with the mustache are hilarious!!you should get some award for getting the most use out of a Halloween costume. It sounds like Longmont is the place to be for pretty much all holidays! Awesome work on the puffy painting, as well!

Jenny said...

Best costume ever! Seriously that is awesome! I can't believe how many Halloween things you guys get to do.

Anonymous said...

Alex applauds your geniousness. As do I.

Jill said...

I love it! So funny.

The Icklers said...

So freakin funny! James can really rock a 'stache. So he's not really into the whole cross-dressing, boa thing right now -- he might come around :) Seriously though, your puff-paint skills are off the hook!

Little Miss Nelson said...

Yay for finding your hidden talent, who knew that you could produce something so quality with a tube of puff paint? Forget teaching, I think that you found a new career with endless possibilies. I also love that you are willing to torture your child with feathers and mustaches for others enjoyment, because that costume is hilarious, best toddler costume ever! He also looks equally adorable in his dragon costume and I can't wait to see him dressed up with his sidekick Jax.