James saw his friend John wearing Elmo underwear at the swimming pool the other day and got pretty excited about getting some of his own big boy underwear. We took him to the store where he picked out his own Elmo underwear. He wanted to try them on right away and started dancing around in circles holding the other pairs-pretty hilarious.
Then he wanted to try on the other pairs and tried to figure out how to wear more than one pair at a time.
This was his reaction when I told him he could only wear one pair at a time.
Who knew underwear could be so exciting? This morning as soon as he went on the potty, he asked to wear his Elmo underwear. He wore them for brief periods of time today at his request and did pretty well. In other big boy news, James got a big boy haircut today. I am suffering from post haircut trauma so I am unable to take a picture of him with his new do yet. He can see better though and I don't think he will be mistaken for a girl for awhile. But for now, I miss my shaggy haired Bubba :-(
12 comments:
WHAT?!?! How could you cut his hair? It was doing so well. :( I'm sure it looks cute, but I know how much you wanted long hair.
I am impressed about the potty training and underwear!
Don't even talk to me about his hair. He woke up with a bad hair day and I was having a moment of weakness and we took him to get it cut. Mistake. Hate it.
Those underwear pics are hilarious! I love the one where he's dancing around - he is awesome! (I'm sure he looks wonderful with his haircut!)
Boy haircuts are hard. I bet he looks adorable. Good work with the potty training. What a big boy!
I say let him wear as many pairs as he wants. And don't worry about his haircut-- he's so cute no matter what.
Little boy underwear is so cute -- what a big boy! I bet his hair is super cute and you just don't know it yet :)
I am still so sad that you cut his hair! I want to see pics so I can judge it for myself. Ian says to tell you wait 10 days and it will look a lot better.
Ian's right the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is one week.
It just dawned on me what James' dancing in his underwear reminds me of...Tom Cruise in Risky Business.....only James it taller.
Dear Katy, I live for your Dad's comments. I can't tell you how many times I have laughed out loud after reading that clever Jim Fererro's remarks. And you are right, cutting the hair of a little boy is difficult, but I am a great believer in good vision on a regular basis.
I looked back on James' last short haircut, and it took 2 months for it to look good again. So I figure by his birthday he will look less tragic and I might be willing to post some pictures of him at his party. Until then, he will be wearing a hat.
underpants certainly are something to dance over!
Post a Comment