Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Fun

We have had a great start to our summer. James loves being outside, so he is in heaven with the wonderful weather we have been having. We got season passes to the splash pool by our house and he has been a couple of times already. We went with Riley and Holland last week and I think we spent almost 4 hours there! James is getting more comfortable in the water, although he is still no dare devil, and hopefully the twice weekly swim lessons he starts soon will help him become even more comfortable.

We have been having a lot of play dates with our friends the Haleys where James loves playing with both John and Colin. Kelly and I have been taking turns planning crafts and story time around letter recognition, which the older boys have been loving. James can recognize all capital letters now and is working on lower case ones. I am so glad that we have all made such great friends in the Mont.

Tim is starting to take some Medicaid patients for some other dentists to the OR at Children's Hospital, and he had his first cases today. He had to be at the hospital before 7am, so we spent the night at the condo. James and I walked to the light rail station this morning and figured out how to take 2 different trains to get to the station by Anne's house. James loved every second of it, he said he rode Emily and Molly-2 of the trains from Thomas. He took his newest train along for the ride.
He had a great time playing with George who took every opportunity to ham it up during lunch. The boys were cracking each other up and were so cute together. 

Tonight we went to a concert in the park by our house and took a picnic. The weather was perfect, unlike the first one when my mom was here where it poured rain. Doing little things like this make my heart want to explode with happiness. I love being together as a family, it makes me feel so lucky to have what I do. Here is James cheesing it up with his dinner.


Playing catch with Daddy.
I can't believe it is already nearing the end of June. This summer is flying by! I need it to slow down so we can continue to do all these fun things with our friends and family!

4 comments:

diana said...

This post makes me want to be back in Colorado! Glad you had good weather for the concert!

Kara said...

So fun! James is looking handsome as usual. I can't get enough of summer, and the girls love it too :)

Grampa Jim said...

I think we need to se more Pics of Katy in the blog.

Jenny said...

What a goof ball! Love all the pics and glad you're enjoying your summer!