Thursday, June 17, 2010

Big Boy Room

I found James reading like this in his new room today and thought it was about the cutest thing ever. Here are some pictures of his finished big boy room. He loves it and sleeps great in it-yay!

We got the decal above his bed from Etsy. It looks like it was stenciled on and I love it.
The only toys that we keep in his room are his trains, which he has developed a border-line unhealthy obsession with. I fully blame Alec Sungy for this :-)
Before bed each night James picks out his Thomas Yearbook (a free pamplet with pictures and bios of all of the Thomas trains) to read and falls asleep holding it most nights.

7 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

I love James' big boy room! It is just right! I also love James sitting in his chair reading - he is so stinking cute!

Tonia said...

James reading on his own is super cute and every teacher's dream! His room looks great.

Anonymous said...

Just loungin'
He looks pretty happy :)

Erin Sungy said...

We take full responsibility for the Thomas obsession and apologize now b/c if James is anything like Alec, the obsession will continue to increase with rapid speed. We all know way TOO much about Thomas. Love his room!

Jenny said...

His room is great!! And I've officially been in CA too long because my first thoughts were: "I hope that bookcase is bolted to the wall" and "holy s***- framed pictures over the bed?!" then I came to my senses and remembered that there aren't earthquakes in CO.

Good choice on the decal. I love the red and turquoise color scheme!

Ps- no Ama pics after all this time?

Brynne said...

Love his room, but love even more how much of a bookworm he is! Come visit again-- its boring without you guys.

Grampa Jim said...

I'm still jealous of Diana's 2 week visit.