Yesterday was Tim's birthday and I bought him a bike-it is a hybrid road/mountain bike. James gave him his Father's Day present early and got him the trailer. We have wanted bikes ever since we moved to Longmont so I figured we better get on it. I think James is exponentially more excited about the presents than Tim (Tim does love them too though) and that this pretty much seals the deal that James will never learn how to ride a bike. He is really pretty lazy and would rather be towed around with his sippy cup than exert any effort himself. Who can blame him really? Here is Tim looking super awesome in front of our house.

Jax was not happy when they took the inital ride without him, so he joined in on the fun.


Tim's work moved even closer to our house, so I am forcing him to ride his bike to work from now on. And James has already made the request for Tim to take him to his preschool in the bike trailer when he starts in August. James told Tim a couple of weeks ago that he should get a bike with a blue trailer on it for his birthday. Yet another reminder that I can not shop with James anymore when presents are involved. I don't know if I ever blogged about this, but in early December James and I were at Target and I was tossing random things into the cart for Tim's stocking. I never said what they were for or anything. Fast forward to Christmas morning, Tim said, "James, look what Santa brought me!" and James said, "Those aren't from Santa, those are from Target." But even though the bike and trailer were not a surprise, they were a hit none the less. And as an added bonus, I think I will be getting some solo peace and quiet each evening after dinner while they go on a bike ride. They just got back from one and they met up with the Wednesday night Old Town bike ride. A huge group rides around our neighborhood for an hour every Wednesday and then ends at the Dairy Queen on Main Street. There was like over 100 bikers tonight-all different ages. How fun is that?!
5 comments:
When you first said you were moving to the Mont, who would have guessed it would be such a cool little town? Not me.
Love Tim's bike. Ask him if he'll give ZP a ride in the burley in July...
Happy birthday to the Milk Baby.
Happy Birthday Tim! Since KT is making you ride the bide to work (minus the trailer???) I won't feel quite so guilty about commandeering your car for the next 2 weeks! See you tomorrow.
Love the picture of Tim waving in front of the house. I'm glad Jax gets to go too!
I'm totally surprised you didn't opt for the supersized trailer (big enough for pregnant wife + son). I could see you having Tim haul you around the Mont.
Ha ha, Grandpa Jim is right! I could totally see you making Tim haul you around town in a bike trailer.
Remember how even though you were on swim team (and I think swimming requires more athleticism than running) you couldn't run to save your life? There was that time in high school when your car broke down on the way to Tim's house and it was dark you were so scared and had to run the whole way to his house. When you finally showed up and told all of us what happened everyone just laughed b/c the thought of you actually running was so funny (even though it wasn't funny that you were so scared). Random story, but that's what it reminded me of :)
Post a Comment