Tuesday, December 1, 2009

1st Avalanche Game

Tim's cousin/god daughter Carly was in town this weekend so we took her to the Avalanche game and spent the night in Denver on Saturday.  It was James' 1st hockey game and he loved all of it except the loud buzz when the Avalanche scored and the mascot-big surprise.
This is his reaction to the buzzer going off. Once we explained that it meant that the Avalanche had gotten a "home run"  he felt a little bit better about it.

Every time they showed Bernie the dog on the score board, James would say, "What's that dog? Who is that dog?" So we took him to meet him during the break. James had about the same reaction as he did to Santa. Initial excitement that turned more suspicious by the second and when it was his turn to see him it turned to full blown, "Get me out of here!" I am such a good mom, I wonder if he will be traumatized for life?

Despite the trauma he suffered, James had a great time and cried when the game was over and we had to leave. "More hockey please!"

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Ahh Jamsey...love his talking- I'm so jealous! And yes, just let him get a break from the huge scary hairy mascots and costumed creatures. He'll like them soon enough...if he doesn't end up a sociopath. ;)

Kara said...

The Avs score buzzer is so loud -- it freaks Addi out too. I read the post to Addi and she said this to James,"Don't be scared of Bernie. He gives sweet hugs."

Ps I forgot to tell you that after we hung out last week as we were driving away Addi said,"Mama, I am all about James right now." They are so cute :)

The Haley's said...

John is SOOOO jealous! He can't wait to go to a real hockey game! maybe we can all go before the season is over...