Monday, December 7, 2009

New York City

Tim and I have always wanted to go to New York City around Christmas time.  We just got back from a 4 day trip, our first trip together without James.  It was an amazing vacation filled with great food, spending time with great friends, seeing lots and lots of Christmas decorations, and have I mentioned the food yet? Tim has been away from James before, but this was my first time leaving him for more than just overnight. My parents stayed with him and he had so much fun with them I don't think he even had time to miss us! I was fine the whole trip and completely enjoyed my adult time until our plane landed in Denver last night. It was late and everything in the airport took forever and I was a complete emotional disaster. I think I cried 16 times in the airport and I am sure that Tim thought I had completely lost my mind. I had been having so much fun in NYC that I didn't even have time to miss my Bubba, but as soon as I was back in Colorado I just wanted to get home and see him! Despite my meltdown in the airport, the trip was perfect. It was just like I wanted it to be, there is no place like New York at Christmas time!
We had great weather almost the whole time and Jordan was able to spend a lot of time with us showing us everything around the city. I think we literally walked close to 10 miles a day just enjoying the sights and decorations, only taking breaks to eat.
The highlight of the trip was going to see the Radio City Music Hall's Christmas Show with Jordan and Robbie. It was so much fun and with all the decorations and music it was my Christmas dream come true! There was a live nativity scene complete with live camel and sheep at the end-no joke. Seriously, where do they keep a live camel between shows?!
Having dinner at Mario Batali's restaurant after the show.

We seriously ate so much good food. We ate at the best restaurants and had the best meals we have ever eaten. Here are our two favorite plates of food. Yes, I was a total nerd and took pictures of everything. It was all so fancy, we felt like we were on Top Chef!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Umm, please describe what those plates of food are. And your trip sounds and looks like a total dream! I am sooo jealous. I too have always wanted to go to NYC at Christmas time. I've been telling Ian for my 35th birthday...we'll see if I'm able to leave Zephyr by then. If not, then it will be a mam-daughter trip!

The O'Reillys said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a great trip, it's sounds like it was just perfect!

Little Miss Nelson said...

Ummmm, soooo jealous! What a fabulous trip and since my dream of visiting NYC at Christmas time has yet to be fulfilled I'll have to live vicariously vicariously through you guys. I'm so glad that you had a great time!