Monday, January 11, 2010

Sledding Fun

Today we went sledding with our Mont BFF's Kelly, John, and Baby Colin (who isn't really a baby anymore, but just like with George, James always tacks a Baby in front of his name.) We went to the golf course behind our house and we thought it sounded like a great idea to walk there since it was so close.  On the walk home with 3 toddlers in full snow gear who all needed to be pulled, held, or just walked r-e-a-l-l-y slowly, we decided that it was pretty much the worst idea ever.  But, Kelly and I worked up a sweat and got in a great workout and as John said when we were done, "That was some good sledding!" 


James braving the sledding hill on his own. "Let's do it again!"

Attempting to build a snow boy post sledding. It was not so successful.

Tonight James got to spend some time with his "Uncle Toppy" before Thomas leaves for Semester at Sea in just a few days. I can't believe it was 10 years ago that I was getting ready to leave for SAS. Craziness. I went into full blown nostalgia mode and busted out the SAS scrapbook for Tom to look at with me. I think he enjoyed it almost as much as I did :-) This was James' reaction to hearing that Tom was leaving on a boat around the world for 4 months. Have fun Tom!!


4 comments:

Jenny said...

SAS was 10 years ago?! Bon voyage Thomas!

The Icklers said...

I agree, sledding is awesome, and so is the workout that comes with lugging tired toddler butts on sleds around afterwards ;) Can't wait to see you guys on Fri!

Grampa Jim said...

Have a great experience, Thomas. Best of luck.

TNichols said...

I'm gonna miss you James!!

Thanks for sharing your scrapbook with me, it got me excited!

I made a blog be sure to follow me on it!!

http://whereintheworldistomnichols.blogspot.com