Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Love Soccer

When we got to soccer today, I handed James his player card so he could give it to his coach. I asked him what it said (knowing he would say his full name) and this was his response:

Seriously, is that cute or what? Love it. Here he is ready for soccer practice!

And this pretty much sums up how well James listens to and follows directions. All the other kids were kicking their balls into the goal and James was across the field sitting down with a cone on his head. I think we have a star athlete on our hands.
Chasing John and Daddy to get their fox tails.
Another example of great listening skills. Task:make a stack of cones and kick them over. James: makes himself a fire hat.
Exhausted after a long practice.
Snack time post-practice with soccer buddies Gus, John and Colin.

Everytime we leave soccer all James can talk about is how much fun it was and how he wants to go back. His behavior at soccer doesn't exactly relfect these feelings, but I think he is working on it.  And he is 2 after all :-) My favorite part about soccer is how much it wears him out. I just went into check on him and here he is napping. With his finger up his nose.

12 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

The video doesn't launch.
Great post though. Sounds like he has some Fererro in him.

The Haley's said...

Video didn't work for me either:( But I already saw it...
All the boys like playing Foxes and Farmers. And I love their hair flying out behind them.
James is doing better every time! Soon they'll just play soccer at soccer, and really where's the self expression in that?

Jenny said...

No video...

And I have to say that Jamsey with the cone on his head is like the little boy in "Parenthood" who runs into walls with a bucket on his head. I mean that in a good way!

Love the sleepy nosepicking- pick a winner, James!

Tonia said...

Does James need/use a bumper in his crib? I can't decide whether to get one or not.

Sweet Baby James said...

I was about to reload the video, but I think it works now. Someone tell me if you still can't see it.

Little Miss Nelson said...

So cute! And than you Jenny, I was trying so hard to think of what it was that the cone-head picture reminded me of and that's it.

Brynne said...

I could see the video and I loved it! He just keeps getting cuter! I love the pic of him with the cone on his head-- mathletes unite!

diana said...

Video works now - too cute. Miss him!

Grampa Jim said...

OK Video works and worth the wait.

Kara said...

I think that James' squirreliness exceeds Addi's in that post! Seriously, sleep nose-picking and wearing a cone on his head during soccer -- he is hilarious :)

Jill said...

Miles and I watched the video of James about 1,000 times. Good stuff :)

Kelly & Joe said...

Great video & post! I hate to say it, but JP at 6.5 yrs still listens about that well when playing sports! (The sleeping pic is a classic!)