Thursday, May 14, 2009

Take James Out To The Ball Game!

Today I took James to his first Rockies game of the season.  He was absolutely engrossed in every single second of the game.  He never got bored or antsy, and when we went up to get a snack, he immediatley wanted to get back down to the seats!  Keeping with tradition of last season, he even made it on the jumbotron!  Here we are in our seats, he was far to involvedwith watching the ball game to be bothered with looking and/or smiling at the camera.
We had quite the crew with us; Anne and baby George, Holland and Riley, Barb (Amberly's mom) and Taylor, and Katie.  All the babies did great!

Taylor and James enjoyed the last 2 innings in the aisle where they could get a better view and wave to Dinger.


James admired Dinger, the mascot, from a safe distance.  He waved, blew kisses, clapped, and said, "More," anytime Dinger left.
The love for Dinger lasted until we were within touching distance and then he quickly changed his mind.
Dinger can join Santa in the list of James' least favorite people/characters.
We will definitely be going to more games this season since James had such a great time (despite the Dinger trauma), and since he has such a great new Rockies outfit-thanks Mimi!

6 comments:

Tonia said...

What a great day to be outside at a game! I'm jealous...

Jenny said...

Looks like a great day! Poor Jamsey- he looks so scared in those last pics. And I love the look on his face when Tay is kissing him. Too cute.

The O'Reillys said...

I can't believe we missed the jumbotron and Dinger!! G slept the entire way home in the babyhawk. He wouldn't have been too fun for the jumbotron anyway.

Anonymous said...

James is so cute!! Also the Easter Bunny at brunch should join that list! And Taylor has the cutest smile!

The Icklers said...

What a cute group! Poor James and his fear of people in costume :( I can't get enough of the pics of Tay and James kissing -- so adorable!

Jordan C said...

Yay, fun! I'm going to the game on June 13th if you guys are around! I think we got good seats too :-)