Monday, January 5, 2009

James the Super Genius

So today James did an abundance of genius-like things. 
A.) He stacked up his blocks into a tower by himself for the first time.
B.) He imitated two words that I said-he said "tee" after I said teeth, and "bubu" after I said bubbles.
C.) He did the signs for please, bird, and bubbles for the first time, after only seeing me do them once or twice before.

Although these things do not seem that impressive in the grand scheme of things, I was rather impressed-especially with his "words" since he has never imitated sounds before and  rarely makes any sound besides "dadadada."

He is also still walking up a storm.  The most he has taken is about 20 steps in a row now.  The picture above is the only picture I have taken of him since Houston (I need to step it up on the picture taking in the new year) and is only included because I didn't think I should make a photo-free post.  This concludes my proud mom bragging of the day.

5 comments:

diana said...

Good for James! Like the new background, headline, etc. Happy New Year!

Grampa Jim said...

Huge! Great job, James!
Considering the the concept for please is an abstraction.

Stacking skills - maybe Grampa's blocks were an inspiration.

Brynne said...

So do teeth and bubbles count as his first words? What is the official FIRST word?

Kara said...

How exciting! It is so fabulous that he is walking, talking and signing now!

Jenny said...

Yay Jamsey!!