Sunday, January 25, 2009

James' First Haircut

Today we went and got James' his first haircut.  It was hanging in his eyes, and the back was starting to look tragically like a mullet.  Here are some before pictures that semi-justify my decision. 

We weren't sure how James would react, so we opted to not do it ourselves to avoid any scissor to the eye incidents.  We took him to a kiddy salon-Lollilocks and James got to sit in a car while he got his haircut.  He sat perfectly still the whole time and did a great job!


His bangs ended up being way shorter than I wanted, and I kind of think he looks like Jim Carrey circa Dumb and Dumber now :-(  Hopefully it will grow back to its previous shaggy state quickly and then I am not getting it cut again until he is 5.

Despite the too short bangs, it was an overall positive experience.  We opted for the first haircut package and got a certificate complete with a photo and a lock of his hair-as if I didn't take enough of my own photos :-)

Here is an after shot.  Grow back soon hair!

8 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

I think his hair looks great!! I love every second of his haircut, I'm also impressed he did so well at the salon. You look great, James!

Jenny said...

It will grow back!! Haircut remorse must run in the family- just ask Ian how ridiculous I am after Z's 2 haircuts. He looks like a little boy now, not a baby! Straight hair is harder on little kids than curls- it is easier to look dorky with straight hair...hence Zephyr's tragic hairstyle. On another note- Lollilocks?! Ha!

Senor Schnoodle said...

If only I could have come along and got a trim too!

The Icklers said...

Love the new hairdo! Isn't Lollilocks ridiculous? So funny!

Tonia said...

I think his cut looks adorable, I think you made a good decision to get it cut : )

Mommy said...

I have to agree I think he looks so cute. So don't beat yourself up about the cut! It will grow back into whatever style you desire!!!

diana said...

His grandmother likes the haircut a lot - and I'm sure it will grow much faster than mine does!

Grampa Jim said...

The difference between a great haircut and a so-so haircut is 2 weeks. But I think he looks great. And no he does not look like Jim Carey.