Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stock Show

We went to the stock show with Holland and Riley yesterday to check out all of the animals.  It was a pretty big hit with James.  He liked the goats and alpacas the best.  When we left the alpacas, he got upset and started signing for more and pointing to them.  Here we are in front of the sheep.  Another few years and James can get into the mutton bustin' circuit for all the rodeos.  Ha!

The goats were pretty hilarious to James.  Although I am pretty sure he thought they were all dogs.
Holland and Riley checking out the piglets-they were my favorite.

5 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

Mutton bustin' is the best! James and George can enter together and we can cheer them on. I'm glad you had fun!

The Icklers said...

Just the phrase "mutton bustin'" is hilarious! I think it is a requirement for parents to dress the part before their kids are allowed into the rodeo circuit. I will be waiting patiently for pics of you and Tim in tight Wranglers and boots.

Grampa Jim said...

Goats in blue raincoats...what's not to love? I remember you were obsessed with Llamas for a while as a kid.

Erin Sungy said...

OMG Katy - we also went to the stock show last night (have several very similar photos) and I wore a white vest. Weird. And I can so imagine you having a llama obsession as a kid.

Little Miss Nelson said...

Riley had so much fun checking out all of the farm animals with her buddy James!