So James is great at a lot of things. Writing (and really any other skill requiring fine motor control) is not one of them. He can recognize all his letters and tell you what sound they make and he can even spell several words, but he has never written a letter by himself. He has traced letters with me holding his hand and helping him, but has never written a letter on his own before. The other night he was playing with sidewalk chalk and he wanted to try to write his name. I wrote one letter at a time and then he tried all by himself, and he did this:
This might turn out to be an illusive skill like getting himself dressed and we might not see it happen again for a long while, so I thought it was worth documentation.
7 comments:
Great job James! I'm impressed with your writing skills.
And KT - I'll be keeping a close watch over Mac's sleeping environment in Marco!r
Way to go James!
Excellent. Tell him I'm a proud Grampa.
I love that E. He did a great job. I am so glad that Miles is not the only child over 3 who is unable/unwilling to dress himself.
Way to go Bubba James!!! That's awesome!
YAY!!!! He did it!! Hope there are many more moments of name writing in his future!
So I see I'm way behind on the blog...I can't believe how different James looks with his summer 'do! Super cute :-)
Post a Comment