The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love how it is laid back and just about hanging out with friends and family, eating and having a good time. It is like Thanksgiving, but in the summer and with more themed outfits (2 huge pluses in my book). I have so many wonderul memories of the 4th from when I was a kid and I hope we are creating similar memories for my boys.

Speaking of themed outfits...



Yesterday morning we had a bunch of our friends from the Mont over for some morning snacks, drinking (nothing says the 4th of July quite like patriotic themed jello shots) and bike decorating before heading down to the Smphony concert in the park for a picnic at lunchtime.

I think we had 16 adults, 9 "big" kids and 6 babies over to the house. Me and Mac with Kelly and Em and Lindsay and Cam.

All the Mont babies (Stella also joined us but was not here for the picture): Cameron, Cormac, Niko, Carter and Emerson.

The Mont "big" kids: Antonia, Mallory, Riley, John, James, Rocco, Gus and Colin (not pictured:Kaya)

All decorated and ready to hit the road!

Our rag tag bike parade to the park.

It was SOOOO hot yesterday, we were all baking at the concert. Luckily Tim and Seth had staked out the park early in the morning and set up a table, blankets and umbrellas to accomodate our large crew.

James was running around non-stop all morning. Easy to do with so many friends to play with! We were packing up to head home after the concert and looked over to see James passed out in the wagon. He took a much needed and well deserved 3 hour nap when we got home in the air conditioning.

He woke up just in time for some sprinkler time with John and Colin before our 2nd party of the day.

We met back up over at Lindsay and Travis' house for dinner and fireworks. The kids were all rested and ready for more treats and playing.

Tim and Seth with Mac and Em.

Watching Dan and Travis set off some fireworks in the street. James (somewhat) overcame his fear of watching fireworks yesterday. Once he realized that they were not loud, he was fine and joined the other kids to watch.

He even got in on some sparkler action as long as I was the one holding the sparkler.

We watched the big firework display from the top of a hill at the middle school by Lindsay's house. It was far enough away we couldn't hear the big explosions, but close enough that we could still see the great show. A perfect combination for a certain 3 1/2 year old.

It was a perfect 4th of July full of good times with good friends!
2 comments:
Looks so fun, I love all the festive holiday food! Arvada must have done something right when it comes to the 4th, b/c I have all the exact same wonderful memories and emotions about it. Here's to making it just as special for our own little ones.
What a perfect 4th! Your celebration sounds like so much fun. I love the boys patriotic outfits and I only wish that I could have participated in some red, white and blue jello shots :)
Post a Comment