I can't believe that Mac is 3/4 of the way through his first year! I have started putting together his first year photo book and want to cry when I look at the pictures of him as a tiny newborn. He has gotten so big and changed so much since then! In some ways it seems like these 9 months have flown by, yet I can not even imagine our family before Cormac was in it.





Although it took almost 8 months, Mac is fully on board with eating solid food now and eats 3 meals a day. He typically has 2 cubes of homemade fruit puree in the morning with oatmeal, a yogurt at lunch, and 2 cubes of homemade veggies at dinner. He is a pro at self feeding, so I try to give him some finger food at each meal as well. He still gags quite a bit, which although I know is totally normal when learning to eat, it still totally freaks me out. So I probably don't give him as much of a variety of finger foods as I probably could.
Macky has seemed like he is seconds away from crawling for weeks now, but we still have had zero forward motion. He leans forward from a sitting position and bounces up and down on his arms and will sometimes slide onto his belly. Once he is on his belly he will spin in circles and at times even scoot backwards, but he has not figured out how to propel himself forward yet. I am trying to enjoy every last second of him being non-mobile, but he is so frustrated, that it is frustrating for the rest of us as well. I can live with the baby proofing that I will have to do if it means a less grunty/frustrated baby.

Mac's sleeping has improved a great deal and has reached a point that I can live with for the time being without feeling like I am going to go crazy. He takes 2 solid naps a day and wakes 1-2 times a night. And no, I do not want to hear about those babies younger than him sleeping through the night, thank you very much.
Mac still adores James and Jax and is fascinated by watching both of them. I am pleased to say though that I am his absolute favorite person right now and if I am in his sight he will do whatever he can to lunge himself into my arms. And if I am not in sight, but he knows that I am close by, he will grunt, squawk and flap his arms until I come and rescue him.
Mac's top 2 teeth popped through both on the same day about 2 weeks after his bottom 2 teeth popped through (also on the same day). His front teeth are very buck toothy right now and James and I call them his Tow Mater teeth (Cars reference).
Macky is our fat, sweet, jolly, grunty, rolly-polly baby and we our so, so lucky that he is ours.
3 comments:
Happy monthday dear Macky! You are certainly squishable and wonderful!
I still lay claim to those cheeks....
he seriously just gets cuter and cuter!!
Post a Comment