Thursday, July 14, 2011

9 Month Update

Remember how I said I wish I could freeze time for Cormac at 8 months old? Well, now I really wish that. Separation anxiety hit Mac full force pretty much on his 9 month birthday and unless he is being held by me, he is rather unpleasant to be around. Add to this cutting a 5th tooth, being on the verge of crawling and spending time away from home for 4 days and his sleep has gone to absolute crap again. Oh well, at least he is still cute.
Mac is sooooo close to crawling, it is almost painful to watch him try and not get anywhere. He spends anytime spent on the floor looking like this:
But the second he sees James (or is held by me) it is all smiles again.
When Mac laughs, you can totally see his Tow Mater teeth which crack me up.
Does anyone else see an uncanny resemblance??
We just got back from Mac's 9 month well baby appointment and got all his stats. It was not just my imagination that he has had a crazy growth spurt in the last couple of months. He now weighs in at 20 lbs!!! James was almost 2 before he weighed that much! That puts him in the 40th percentile for weight (which baffles me-seriously, 60% of 9 month olds are bigger than him???). He is 29 1/2 inches long, which is the 80th percentile and his head is in the 97th percentile. Mac and I spent a few days in Florida with my mom, uncle, aunt and cousin over this past weekend. In trying to pack as little as possible, I did not bring my camera (but I also knew my uncle would have my dream camera with him). As soon as I get the photos he took on the trip, I will share some. Despite his general clingyness and frustration with being non-mobile, Mac did great travelling and it was nice to spend so much quality time where I was able to focus all of my attention on him.

3 comments:

Tonia said...

Awww, I'm so used to seeing happy Mac, I hardly recognized him in the unhappy pictures. Here's hoping he crawls soon!

Erin Sungy said...

We love the tow-mater comparison, and even angry, Mac is adorable!

Little Miss Nelson said...

9 months old just doesn't seem possible already...he's getting to be such a big guy! I hate to see his poor little sad/frustrated face, that has been such a rare expression for him. But I do absolutely love his cute little Tow Mater teeth and the comparison is hilarious :)