Monday, October 18, 2010

Three!

3 years ago today I became a mom. Wow! I can't even imagine what my life was life without James in it. He is the sweetest, smartest, most funny kid I know and I am so lucky that he is mine. James has been turning into a kid instead of a toddler for awhile now, and he is even more kid-like to me now that I have Mac to compare him to. I am amazed at him daily and what an incredible person he is growing into. Here are just a few of the thousands of things that I love about my Bubba James at 3 years old:

-James has an insanely active imagination. He does not need much to entertain himself and will make up stories about whatever it is he is playing with complete with dialogue. It is hilarious to sit and just listen to him play and talk with his toys.
-James love music. He can hear a song once or twice and know all the words and tune and start singing it out of nowhere. We often hear him singing himself to sleep or awake. He can hear any Britney Spears or Lady Gaga song and immediately indentify who is singing it. He loves creating his own mash-ups of songs and combines the lyrics of 2 songs together. There are tons of songs that come on the radio that he can identify after hearing only a few notes/words.
-James yells, "I'm away-ake!" when he wakes up from nap or in the morning and won't get our of bed until one of us goes to get him.
-James loves friends. He always asks if he can have a friend over or go to a friend's house. He loves being around other kids and is Mr. Social Butterfly almost anywhere we go.
-James is very dramatic. Lately whenever he is frustrated by something we can hear him yell, "This is just terrible!!"
-James loves to snuggle. He often tells us, "I want to jump into your arms and hug you!" and when he is falling asleep he asks us to "Stay and snuggle just a few more couple minutes"
-James is super verbal and has a huge vocabulary and pronounces almost everything correctly, but still says piano, "Paneeno" and I refuse to correct him.
-He has an incredible memory. He remembers where he got every single toy he has and who gave it to him and for what occasion. He remembers books that he hasn't read in months and can recite literally probably 100 poems/rhymes from memory.
-James wants to be a construction man, a SCUBA diver and a daddy when he grows up.

Waking up this morning to balloons and donut holes.
James' special requests of the day include going to the park, having dinner at his favorite restaurant, Wahoo's Fish Tacos, and having vampire cupcakes for dessert. Here is James' 3rd year interview:


Most of his answers are pretty similar to his 2 year interview. (Oh and he is singing in his Doozer (from Fraggle Rock) voice. This is not a great example of his musical talents)
Happy Birthday to our sweet, sweet boy. We love you more than you could ever imagine.

Self Family Portrait
The vampire cupcakes. I think we did pretty good.

8 comments:

Erin Sungy said...

Awww, so sweet! Happy, happy 3rd birthday James...we hope it is a wonderful day and we are glad you started it off right, can't beat donut holes. We talked about your bday this morning and are sending many b-day wishes from IL.

Kara said...

His little voice is darling! Happy Birthday James -- what a big boy!

Jenny said...

Happy birthday to my sweet Jamsey! Love his bedhead, and the fact that he says camels are his favorite animal. Ha!

Little Miss Nelson said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Bubba James! It sounds like the perfect day...not much can be bad about a day that starts of with sprinkle covered donut holes :) I am so very impressed with his interview skills, it's so cute to hear him talk about his fave things and so great to see his progression from year to year. Happy, happy birthday!

Grampa Jim said...

Great parenting Job, Kate and Tim. As great as James is becoming, he wouldn't be who he is without you.
I love my Grandson. Last night when I called and he talked to me in his "Doozer" voice I cracked up. It was the high point of a long and stressful day. Thank you James for being an important part of my life. I love you!

Grampa Jim said...

By the way where is the photo next to his bear?

Tonia said...

Happy Birthday James! Starting a day off with donuts and ending it with cupcakes - doesn't get any better than that. He looks so excited to dig into his vampire cupcake, so cute.

diana said...

Happy Happy Birthday James!
It was so wonderful spending last week with you - the cupcakes look yummy! (and scary)