Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Final Birthday Celebration

Yesterday was James' birthday celebration at school. We got to eat lunch with him, meet all hs friends and watch his birthday ceremony. Here he is with all the cards his friends made for him.
The second we walked in the door, James wanted to hold his baby.
He was very proud showing off Cormac to all his friends. Had a crowd of preschoolers ever surrounded James as a baby, I would have probably had an anxiety attack and dipped him in a vat of Purel immediately afterward. I guess having a second kid even makes me more relaxed.
James got to hold the Earth and walk around the sun (candle) 3 times to represent his 3 years on Earth.
Singing Happy Birthday.
The cook, Miss Kelly, made a special (vegan) chocolate birthday cake which we got after our lunch of build your own pita pizzas. We took James and Mac to the pumpkin patch after school which explains their Halloweeny outfits.
I love James' school, I am so glad that he goes there! If you haven't already, follow the link at the top of the post below to see the whole slideshow of Mac's newborn pictures. I am pretty sure that I have watched it 85 times and the song makes me tear up everytime.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the circling the sun ceremony! Such a sweet school.

Grampa Jim said...

So do I! What a great idea for a birthday celebration. So much better than getting three swaps on the bum, which is what kids got when I was a kid.