Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Settling In

Mac has settled into life on the outside very comfortably and is sleeping and eating like a champ. Here are lots and lots of pictures of our first few days at home. We really can't tell yet, but I think Mac might just be a fat James. Time will tell. For now he has the squinchy fat old man look down...
We have seen his eyes a few times...
But he quickly falls back asleep.
James has been settling in as well. He is an emotional roller coaster, but seems to be pretty fond of Baby He-Who so far. In the same sentence he will say, "I don't really like babies at all. Bring me my baby right now!"

My dad was in town until Sunday and my mom is still here. They are taking very good care of us and I haven't had to lift a finger besides taking care of Mac. I could get used to this.



The weather has been beautiful and we went on our first walk yesterday to the park. Mac loved being wrapped in the Moby.
James has been bombarded with gifts to the point where when someone walks in the door he asks, "Is that for me?" Great. He got his very own Handy Manny toolbox set which he has been lusting after at John's house for months. It has made for a very happy boy.
The toolbox set has gone everywhere with him, including on our walk. We had to stop several times so that he could fix things on our way to the park.
Doing his new dance move, showing off his booty.

Last night Mac got his first sponge bath.
James was in charge of toe washing and did an excellent job.
All of the Nichols' cousins.

8 comments:

GRP said...

Such a beatiful boy, such a nice family to love that beautiful boy. Love, Grandma Grace

Jenny said...

Hooray for more pictures! I think Mac looks a tad like James (and me) and a tad like Dad. Glad to see he likes his blankets!

Between big brother presents and his birthday next week, Jamsey is going to be gifted out!

I love both those boys!

Jenny said...

Cormac looks especially like James in the second to last picture.

Tonia said...

He totally looks like a fat James : ) You guys all look so happy and yay for Grandparents helping out!

Brynne said...

My vote is also for fat James. I see a resemblance for sure. These pictures are so cute-- thank you for posting more. I've been thinking about you guys so mich and wondering how you're all adjusting. I cant wait to come home and meet Mac!

Grampa Jim said...

I'd like to point out people that I'm the original "fat James". So I claim the noted resemblance.

Lacey said...

Love every picture!

Kara said...

I love his hat collection! You have two utterly adorable boys.

Ps Tell James that Addi and I want to see the booty dance in person when we visit!