I have started taking James to a toddler art class at the Longmont Museum each week. It has a different theme each week with 3-4 different craft/activity stations that go with the theme and then a painting easel, a sensory table filled with something new each week, a puppet stage, a castle play house and a center with something like ooblek, play-doh or clay. Although James rarely has a long enough attention span to get through a complete craft at one of the stations, he has been having a good time. And the best part is that it was only $25 for a punch card for 10 classes! This week the theme was Kingdom/Royalty and 2 of the craft centers were making a crown and making a "royal robe" (I kept calling it a cape and kept getting corrected by the lady in charge-oops). When we got home James and I made cupcakes to test out a new recipe before his birthday party. He wanted to wear his crown and "royal robe" as we cooked. Things started out neat enough.
And here he is about 3 minutes later (I was making the real cupcakes on the other side of the kitchen, James just had his own bowls and spoons with flour).

9 comments:
I love it! Except now I guess I'll have to rethink his Christmas present!
No, don't! These will not last very long, the crown is paper and the "royal robe" is made of scraps that are already fraying. Better quality ones that will last will be great!
That sounds like such a fun class! James looks pretty awesome in his robe and crown!
ps- I love James' jazz hand in the third picture.
I want to go to that class - hopefully he'll have a punch left on his card to use the first week of December when I'm there!
Mom, the theme for the week you are here is quilting!
The royal robe is awesome!
Love it - we can't wait to join you at class. Also, my mom is super jelous of James' stool.
Died. Love every single picture.
Post a Comment