Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Day Take 2

It stopped snowing today, but we had another snow day at home so that Tim could take the Subaru to work.  I tried to get creative and think of new activities for us to do to keep us (OK, just me) from getting bored.  I tried oobleck after being inspired by Jodi making it for Ben, but that was a big, fat fail.  James wouldn't touch it and I got cornstarch all over the kitchen.  So then we tried finger painting with colored vanilla pudding.  This was a much bigger hit with James.  He surprisingly didn't even taste it, he just liked smearing it around the wax paper and squishing it through his fingers.  


In typical March blizzard fashion, it was sunny and warm out by 10am and the snow was well on its way to melting.  We played outside for awhile, but James can't get the hang of walking in his boots and kept falling over.
OK, prepare yourselves for the most hilarious pictures EVER.  Today at lunch James ate a kiwi that was particularly tart.  After each bite, he would make the most awful faces and then go for another bite.  He ate the entire kiwi and his faces just kept getting funnier.  I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time.  It was definitely my entertainment for the day.

I think this looks like he is thinking, "Why are they are so sour, yet so delicious?!"

8 comments:

Tonia said...

Very cute kiwi pictures! Yay for snow days : )

The O'Reillys said...

Hilarious. I love him in his snow outfit!

Jenny said...

You are a fun mom.

jodi said...

Sorry about the ooblick. Ben wouldn't touch it at first either, but after I played with it for a bit he felt more comfortable. I LOVE the colored pudding idea!

diana said...

Someone tell me what ooblick is?! Are you sure the kiwi wasn't a lime in disguise? James' face indicates that might be the case...

Jill said...

I am crying right now because those pictures are SO funny. Boys are great!

Little Miss Nelson said...

How creative are you with your pudding paint. What a great snow day activity! I love, love, love the sour face and the fact that he couldn't get enough of the kiwi. Adorable as usual!

Grampa Jim said...

Weird. I was on the blog when you changed the background. Happy April!