We spent the 4th at Nanny's country club and James even stayed awake for the fireworks. He stayed bundled in his wrap with me covering his ears and actually was very enthralled by the fireworks and wasn't scared by them at all.
The whole Conroy clan:
Testing out the water in Gull Lake:
James liked chewing on his new life vest:
Nap time with Dad, Kenzie and Taylor:
Next we went to a smaller lake where Tim's Grandpa Joe has his lake house. He has 130 acres and it was beautiful as well. Very full of mosquitos, but still very pretty.
James LOVED Kenzie. Seriously LOVED her. This is a video of her and Amberly making James laugh: (best video yet)
Kenzie loved the babies and they loved her too:
We ended the trip in the cities again where I met up with my friends from Semester at Sea, Erin and Elizabeth.
And somewhere along the way we saw this random pirate cut-out we obviously had to take James' picture in:Things I learned on our trip to Minnesota:
1. Who needs toys when you have a bottle of sunscreen to chew on? Seriously, I could have save a lot of room in the luggage had I known this.
2. James will only sleep attached to me when away from home.
3. Minnesota-ins (?) put hazelnuts in their margaritas.
4. Hyland's Teething Tablets are pure baby crack. Seriously, immediate calmness ensues when ingested by an irritable baby.
5. I think that James is at least 50% Conroy after this trip. He gets his chin dimple from the Conroy side as well as a lot of his other features. The big eyes and big head are still all me though.
6 comments:
Love all the pictures - it was worth going without for a whole week. Glad you had a good time - and very glad you found a pirate cut-out for a photographic opportunity.
And a tooth! How amazing - earlier than I was expecting. And I'm grateful for the heads-up about hazlenuts in a margarita (which really doesn't sound very good!)
What a fun trip! I'm so glad James did so well, although it's not surprising since he's so easy-going. Congrats on the first tooth James!
Thank god for this post. I have seriously been blog starved. Did you get my package? My favorite picture is the one of james' head poking out from that life jacket... so cute!
welcome home! Looks like a busy trip! I want tooth pics...
As always James is the cutest baby ever! I agree that the life jacket pic is hilarious, but my favorite is the 4th of July with the very confused Uncle Sam in the background.
Post a Comment