Happy 9 month birthday to James! Yet another month has flown by on the way to his first birthday. I continue to be amazed at how quickly time goes with a baby and how quickly they change. This past week or so James has started to show some separation anxiety from me. He wants to be held by me all.the.time. If I am playing with him and get up to go into another room, he immediately starts crying. If I am around, he will reach out to me to be picked up and cuddled. If he is with Tim, he is content to play on his own, but if I am around, he has to be able to see me, and preferably touch me at all times or he is not a happy boy. He has also started whining if we don't do exactly what he wants when he wants it. I am sure this will continue for many years to come, so we better get used to it! Here are the top 9 things that WE love about James on his 9 month birthday:
1. We love when James has his big belly laughs for no reason
2. We love when James cuddles in bed with us in the morning (even when he pinches us)
3. We love it when James and Jax play tug of war ( a new trick this week)
4. We love that James is starting to babble at us more (nyuh, nyuh, nyuh is his favorite sound)
5. We love James' big, sweet smile that he gives us when we go to get him out of his crib when he wakes up.
6. We love James' skinny y butt
7. We love James' new tooth that he likes to chomp on our fingers with
8. We love watching James swing at the park and how happy it makes him
9. We love singing songs to James, because it will immediately calm him down if he is upset
6 comments:
Happy 9 months James!! Can't beleive how big he is. ADORABLE!
Happy 3/4 birthday to my grandson - another great birthday portrait! Hope to see you soon.
How lucky am I? Grampa got to spend the evening with James on his 3/4 birthday. And evidently I am the funniest guy ever. He grinned and laughed and grabbed hanfulls of my jowls all evening long.
If I had known Grandkids were this great I would have had them first.
Happy Bday Jamsey! I can't believe he's already 9 months. It makes me a bit sweaty and sick thinking of Zephyr getting older- time passes too quickly! He sounds like a textbook case- 9 months is the classic onset of separation anxiety. It means you did a good job Mama- he's got good attachment!
One other milestone on James' 3/4 birthday - he made his first long distance phone call last night - to me! He was sitting on grampa Jim's lap, grabbed the cell phone and managed to push the redial button. We had a nice conversation.
Happy 9 months, James! You are way too cute and I can't wait for all those fun things with our baby!
Post a Comment