Saturday morning, we started our Christmas season off with a bang. James woke up bright and early to start his Advent calendars, most notably the LEGO Advent calendar that he has been looking forward to since December 26, 2011. Also, our elf Tina came back on Saturday morning. She left a message in magic snow from the North Pole....
which Mac promptly messed up.We missed out on cutting down a tree this year. Between Florida and busy weekends we just couldn't find the time, so we headed to the local nursery in Longmont first thing Saturday morning.
The boys immediately found the perfect tree and we headed home. It wasn't quite the same as driving up to the mountains, hiking through the woods and cutting down our own tree, but it was much quicker.
Each year the boys get an ornament from me and one from my mom the day we decorate our tree. They were both thrilled with their selections this year. Buzz and Woody with a Mickey Mouse hat and Jake for Mac, and LEGO Santa and Chip and Dale for James.
Seriously, how perfect does our tree look? It is a little too full and perfect in my opinion-I like my trees a little more Charlie Brown-y, but it does looks very pretty. I took the ornaments out one by one and told the boys where it was from/whose it was and then they took them to Tim and helped him hang them on the tree. We immediately started a pile of ornaments that Mac broke to be glued back together. Not even 24 hours later I already had to go buy more super glue.
Mac and James were equally excited about getting out all our Christmas books and stuffed animals earlier in the week. We have already read all 50+ Christmas books we have at least once, some many, many times. Mac about lost his mind when he saw Santa Mickey-I have had it since I was a kid. He kept laying down and pretending to sleep while cuddling him. Mickey made it almost 24 hours before his head came off. I think our poor Christmas decorations are going to take a beating this season.
James is just busting at the seams with excitement for everything related to Christmas this year. He told me the other day that the best part about Christmas was reading Christmas books and spening time with his family. Mac is starting to understand Christmas this year too, which makes it even more fun. So far, he loves everything. Some things, a little too much :)
I can't wait to celebrate the whole month with my boys-they make it all so much fun!







4 comments:
Merry Christmas guys. Even with a twinge of sadness over decapitated Mickey, a great post.
I love James' crane shirt with the Christmas tree!
Tonia-it's his 3rd year wearing it! It was $5 at Kohls-they have great holiday shirts :)
Mac is the Christmas Destructor!
Post a Comment