Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mac is 2!

I can't believe that my sweet baby Cormac Thomas is 2 years old!! We had a great day on Sunday celebrating Mac. It started with James forcing him to unwrap presents the second he woke up and came into the kitchen. James picked out a little Jake and the Neverland Pirates guy for him and couldn't wait for Mac to unwrap it. 
Mickey Mouse pancakes are the perfect way to start your birthday!

My original plan was to forego any type of party since we just got back from Disneyland. Well, on Friday I decided that would just not do and we at least needed a small party, so the planning began. I asked Mac what type of party he wanted and he said, "E Mouse." When I asked him who he wanted to come to his party he said Emmy and Kelly, so that is just what we did! Luckily the boys already had the perfect shirts to wear for the party :)
Pinterest had no shortage of cute Mickey Mouse party ideas, so on Saturday we made a run to the party store and Hobby Lobby, and our Macky Mouse Clubhouse party was ready to go!
 

My attempt at Mickey Mouse cupcakes. Thank goodness Oreos are dairy free!
The whole Nichols family and the Haley family came and it was the perfect sized celebration for Mac.
 Playing Pin the Ears on Mickey
 The kids' table chowing down on spaghetti and meatballs-the area rug was wisely relocated for this meal.
Cousins at ages 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1/2. (If only Molly was 6 months older)
Love these kids!
 Enjoying his cupcake.
 Mac has started 2 off with a bang. His speech is just exploding and he will pretty much repeat anything we say. He is not forming sentences yet, but I think it is just around the corner. Mac loves to be read to, loves climbing, eating (he has never met a carb he doesn't like), trains, Legos and is the best cuddler I have ever met. I have his 2 year interview on my phone and as soon as I get it uploaded, I will post it. Happy Birthday Mac!

5 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

Happy Birthday Mac! Grampa wishes I could have been there.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Mac! Katy - I want you to plan a party for me some day....

Jenny said...

Holy mackerel- you planned and executed that in one day?!?!

Happy birthday Macky!

Tonia said...

Super cute tiny party! Kellen runs around all day yelling "Oh Toodles!" it cracks me up. Happy Birthday Mac!

Erin Sungy said...

Happy 2nd bday Mac. You are darling and have the most creative mommy I know. You're impromptu party looks like it was a blast. We cant wait to see you in December:)