James went back and forth for a long time about what he wanted to be for Halloween this year. First it was a ninja, and then Spiderman. I wasn't 100% on board with either one, because I'm not going to lie, I know that my time is limited where I can get away with dressing the boys in coordinating costumes and I was really hoping for at least one more year. I asked Mac what he wanted to be one day and he said, "Jake!" He is in love with the Disney cartoon, Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Well as soon as James heard that idea, he decided he wanted to be Jake's parrot, Skully. I immediately jumped on this idea and took James shopping with me to buy the makings of a parrot costume before he could change his mind. Mac's costume is 90% the Haley's dress-up pirate costume, I just bought his red head scarf. We bought a green hooded sweatshirt for James and with a lot of glue and some craft felt, I turned it into a pretty good parrot, if I do say so myself. Don't mind Jax who is in the process of trying to rip off his pirate hat....
For those who aren't regular watchers of Disney Jr, here is what we were going for with the boys costumes. Minus the clear hair color difference on Jake, I think we did pretty good on both costumes!
Trying to get a good shot of Skully's tail and head.If you ask Mac what Jake says, he says, "Hey Matey! Ho Ho Ho!"Apparently, he is ready for a good Santa impression in a couple of months too.
The whole crew before Jax ripped off his tri-corner pirate hat, which really looks more like a cowboy hat anyway.
Pirate dog sans hat.
We are ready for some major Halloween festivties this week!






3 comments:
So cute! Your parrot looks awesome. Kellen has not seen that cartoon, we'll have to check it out. It will give Chugington an Dinosaur Train a break.
Tremendous! And since we sat through that show at Disneyland I know who these guys are!
I showed off the boy's pictures to a business associate today. He has a 6 year old and definitely knew who Jake and the Neverland Pirates were.
Post a Comment