Monday, June 4, 2012

T-Ball

James started t-ball last week-his first official introduction into organized sports. It is through the YMCA and a bunch of us all signed up on the first day to ensure all the kids would be on the same team. The practice is right by our house so the boys and I headed there in the wagon on Wednesday evening. James was super excited for his first practice and brought the new glove Tim had bought him and wanted to wear all his Rockies gear.
Here is Coach Seth (John and Colin's Dad) sitting down with the team. John, Colin, Riley, Mallory, Will, Samantha and Finn are the kids that James' knows on his team.
 Practicing catching...
 Getting some pointers from Coach Travis (Mallory's Dad).
 First time at bat in a batting helmet and everything.
They will have practice once a week and starting this week, will also have a game each week against another team (this is what James is most excited for). The first practice was about as chaotic as you would imagine 12 four and five year olds trying to play t-ball would be. Highlights included James and Will holding hands and skipping in circles during catching practice and James and Colin tackling each other during batting practice. I am looking forward to the season! (I will not be the crazy mom who takes pictures at every practice, but definitely stay tuned for pictures from Thursday's first game!)

5 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

Let's hope he didn't inherit the Fererro sports genes.

Tonia said...

Deaglan in his t-ball uniform was the cutest thing ever, I can't wait to see James at his game!

Jenny said...

I thought he did indoor soccer already? Anyway, he looks cute, and I'm glad it's not me who is potentially staring down the barrel of years of ball-related practices and games. ;)

Jamsey looks cute and I know how much he loves ball, so I'm sure he'll have a blast!

Sweet Baby James said...

Jenny-he has done sports camps and clinics and such at the rec center, but never on a team with practices and games.

Little Miss Nelson said...

How fun! I love the pic of him with his new glove all ready to go! From your highlight reel I can tell the he might follow in his daddy footsteps...he was known for dancing in the outfield :)