Friday, June 8, 2012

First T-Ball Game

James had his first t-ball game last night. After a disasterous practice this week, I was not expecting much, but James did great. He followed directions, tried hard and had fun! That is all you can ask for. I have a video of his first time at bat, but I can't get it to post. I showed it to Tim who hasn't been able to see him in action at practice or games yet, and nobody else probably cares that much anyway, so I will just post the pictures I have!

In the field
Running the bases
 After his first run!
 There was also some dancing in the outfield, something Tim specialized in during his t-ball days.
The team they played against was so organized and when they were in the outfield, the coach would yell, "Baseball ready!" and the kids would all run to their spots and crouch down with their hands on their knees. Our team doesn't quite have that level of organization yet. This is what happened anytime the other team hit a ball-all the kids would run to the ball at once and jump on each other into a huge dog pile fighting over who got the ball. James came out with it quite a few times and then would randomly just throw it up in the air. Apparently we have some work to do.
 James and some of his teammates post-game: Logan, Colin, Riley, John, James, Will and Sam.

Overall, James' first game was hilarious and adorable to watch. I am looking forward to the rest of the season :-)

2 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

So cute, Katy! I bet it is so much fun to watch those little guys on the field :)

Erin Sungy said...

So cute! We love everything about 4 year old team sports, the games never lack entertainment. Alec's best friend on his soccer team was infamous for leaving the field to follow the snack cart when it drove by. Can't wait to catch up soon. P.s. way to go on your big boy bike james!!!!