Thursday, July 29, 2010

Total Randomness

We have been having a great week with Jenny, Ian and Zephyr here. James absolutely adores all of them and is very happy to have them staying at his house. Every morning when he wakes up, the first thing he says is, "Are my friends here?" I have been doing a pretty poor job of taking photos, which is very unlike me. And it is not too often that Zephyr wants to be right next to James, so pictures of the two of them are few and far between so far. So here is a totally random sampling of what we have been up to this week. We went to Boulder on Monday and walked around campus and Pearl Street in the sweltering heat. James wore his CU gear and sang the CU fight about 376 times. 

James and ZP enjoying some play doh time in their jammies.
This is how we found James sleeping the other night. I vividly remeber sleeping with my legs crossed just like this when I was younger.
Zephyr and Ian joined us at the pool on Tuesday while Jenny met up with a friend. James did a good hippo impression most of the time and just laid on his stomach in my lap while Zephyr kept Ian busy exploring the pool.
Being a crocodile with John.
Taking a potty break. We don't do public restrooms unless completely necessary.
We went to concert in the park this week and Melanie and Alex met us for a picnic. James is a big fan of Alex, and after singing Alex all the lyrics to California Girl, the feeling was mutual.
Tim with his biggest fan, Colin Haley.
James doing what he does best-mooching off other people's desserts.
We went up and had had lunch in Ft Collins with Bess yesterday and Jenny wanted to take Zephyr to Build a Bear. Clearly I couldn't take James in there without getting James something so I told him he could choose an animal to make as well. Well, ZP decided she wanted nothing to do with making her own bear and was content to just browse through the store. Not my kid, he knows a good thing when it is offered to him. So I was bamboozled into buying him the most expensive animal in the store (the buffalo at Uncle EE's suggestion) and he pickes him out a CU shirt and a hard hat to wear. It made James pretty happy though, when we left he said, "That sure was a special treat!" Cousins:
Here are J and Z giving the buffalo a bath after stuffing it.
Making the buffalo a birth certificate, James named him Ralphie Frank.
A very happy and spoiled little boy. To top it off, we went and got gelato right after this :-)
Today I took James to visit his preschool which he starts next week while Jenny, Ian and Zephyr spent the morning in Boulder again. We are having a great time together and the week is flying by. 

4 comments:

Tonia said...

I bet Steve will be jealous of James' build a bear buffalo. I think he is counting down the days until Kellen's first game. Looks like a fun week! Love all of your cute dresses.

Jill said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I wish we were there to swim and stuff animals with you. I bet it is no fun being pregnant during a heatwave but you look super cute in all your dresses.

Grampa Jim said...

I agree with Jill - you look great.

The Haley's said...

Love that picture of Colin and Tim!! Super cute! And John feeding James Cuteness!!