Seriously some of my favorite memories of when I was growing up are of the 4th of July and spending it with family and friends at the Meadowglen picnic/swim party and then having everyone over to our house for a party before fireworks. This year we had an awesome 4th of July weekend and hopefully started some traditions that James will remember as he grows up. We spent Friday and Saturday in Denver where we went to the Rockies game on Saturday with Dave and Katie and watched the fireworks at the field both nights from the deck of the condo. James was pretty alarmed when the first fireworks went off on Friday night and quickly retreated into the condo and watched them through the window. He did love them though and had names for all of them-Peter Pan fireworks, Christmas fireworks etc. He was ready for them on Saturday but informed us all he would be watching them from inside because they were too loud. I can't blame him really, we were only a few hundred feet from where they were being set off. Here he is with Papa and Daddy at the game (and his new BFF, Gobo the Fraggle-thanks Mimi!)
We had friends over in the morning to hang out and have the kids decorate their bikes to ride to the patriotic concert in the park. James loved his pinwheel and kept asking us to turn it on because he could not get it to spin around when he blew on it.
He may be in serious need of a haircut, but I still think he is pretty cute.
James with his friends Mallory, John and Colin with their bikes decked out with Americana flair.


Playing tackle boy with the Haley boys. A crowd favorite.James and Mal were cracking us up because they are both super cautious and couldn't figure out how to drive Riley's Jeep. So when the two of them got behind the wheel together, we were waiting for disaster. Mallory was controlling the pedals and James was (attempting) to steer. They kept running into things and this picture of Mallory looking absolutely terrified pretty much sums up their ride.
8 comments:
Hey - is that Tim's Stergous (sp?)shirt?
Looks like fun! I'm always telling Steve how much fun we had at Meadowglen on the 4th. Our neighborhood does something similar, we just haven't checked it out yet. Next year Kona may get some drugs so we can venture out.
Next year in the Mont!
my new mantra
Looks like a great 4th - I approve of James' Americana outfit...
I love that the Nichols' fam has so much American spirit, it sounds like a fun weekend! I also love that James always has the perfect outfit for any occasion and his 4th of July outfit was no exception, he looked great! Thanks for inviting us downtown for fireworks on Friday, it was a great way to kick off the weekend!
You guys have the best little small town! Love it. We did nothing remotely holiday-ish or celebratory, unless you count eating fresh killed rabbit organs. Seriously.
That sounds like an awesome day! I love the picture of the kids on their decorated bikes. Too cute!
I love every second of this post, especially b/c I too have such wonderful childhood memories of the 4th of July in A-town and it looks like you guys are making it just as memorable for James!
Love the biker gang picture -- James is so serious about his bike and all of its 4th of July flair!
Post a Comment