Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sickle Pickle

James has been a sick, pitiful mess the past few days. His croup turned into an awful cold/flu with a very high fever. We spend the majority of the past few days reading, snuggling, and watching entirely too much tv. Between watching tv and drinking lots of juice, we are going to have some bad habits to break now that he is better :-) The good news is he is pretty much back to normal with just a lingering cough. The only positive I found in James being sick is he could not get enough Mama snuggles. He even fell asleep on me a few times which he hasn't done since he was a baby.  I am pretty sure we read every book in the house at least 17 times since last last Friday.  Good thing I am a sucker for buying the kid books-I made a book store run and stocked up on some new Valentine books that he has been enjoying.  Fancy Nancy's Valentine (thank you Taylor for starting the Fancy Nancy obsession) and Happy Valentine's Day Little Critter (thank you John for starting the LC obsession) are two favorites.

Today was a tough day where I think both of us were done being cooped up with each other for the 6th day in a row. There was a lot of general grouchiness and whining. I was in the bathroom and noticed that a few minutes had gone by without James screaming, "Wipe my boogies!" or "I need something right now!" I knew something must be up.  I found this scene in the kitchen.

When I asked what he was doing, he looked up and said, "I took out tissues to make a hat," It definitely had the tone of "Duh Mama," to it. But hey, it kept him happy for a few minutes, so he got to make himself several tissue hats until he lost his mind that they would not stay on his head. Fun times. I totally jinxed myself just last week by saying that James had not been sick all season, so let's hope this was it and the little guy can stay healthy until Spring. Sick kiddos are the worst.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Poor sicko, and poor cooped up mama! Sick kids make me anxious- poor pitiful babies! Glad Jamsey is feeling better!

Grampa Jim said...

Ama and I are starting to feel normal again. Winter sucks.

Kara said...

I'm happy he is feeling better -- it's so heartbreaking when they feel yucky and frustrated :( Love the tissue hats, what a creative boy!

diana said...

Glad he's starting to feel better. And I still don't think he caught it from me over the telephone...