-He has invented and uses regularly the word to-later. It is kind of like a tomorrow/later hybrid. Example: Me: Hey James, are you ready for a bath? James: Maybe to-later, but not today.-His love of the word perfect is still going strong, but he hardly uses gorgeous at all anymore. Until last night. We were watching a little bit of the Olympics before he went to bed and a commercial with Jennifer Garner came on. He was paying little attention to the tv before this but he saw her and said, "Oooh, who is her? Her is perfectly gorgeous!" Ha! Tim then asked him if Mama was also perfectly gorgeous and he said, "No, just pretty."
-The other day we were in the car listening to the radio and an oldies song came on. James said, "No! Get this song off! Just Lady Gaga!" Now where he got Lady Gaga from, I have no idea. His Britney obsession, I take full responsibility for, but this Lady Gaga thing came out of nowhere. Hilarious.
-He has insisted on only being called Peter Pan for the last 3 days. No joke. I thought maybe it was just a weekend thing and when I went to get him out of bed this morning and said, "Good morning Bubba!" he says, "No, my Peter Pan!" Ok, ok! And at music class today we had to sing Hello and Goodbye to Peter Pan, not James. If you slip up and call him James, he is quick to remind you, "No! My Peter Pan!" His only exposure to Peter Pan has been through a super old book that used to be mine (maybe Jenny's). I think if he knew there was a movie of Peter Pan, he would lose his mind.
-He is obsessed with "guys." 99% of his playing involves little figures which he creates dialogue for, sets up baseball games for, etc. He has to have one in his hand pretty much all day long. He even eats with them and takes baths with them. He clutches his guy of the day in his hand even during story time at night, but the second it is time to go in his crib he yells for us to take it away. And then the second he wakes up he wants it again. His current favorite "guy" is Mickey Mouse, which you can see in his hand in the picture above. You can also see the handle of a spoon that he named Eddie that was playing baseball with Mickey Mouse right before the picture was taken.
Oh Bubba, you are such a funny boy. I sure am glad you are mine.
8 comments:
Ha! Made me laugh very early on a Tuesday morning : )
He really is hi-larious! What an imagination! I love his use of "perfectly gorgeous!"
James = awesome 2 year old. I think that Peter Pan aka Bubba James, does a pretty good job of bringing lots of smiles to everyone around him and his mom does a really good job of capturing the hilarity and putting it into words. Great post!
James is seriously adorable. I love his funny personality and sweetness. You are a lucky momma.
I miss him. I have to get up there soon.
Oh James- you are amazing, and such a two year old, with the wanting to be called by a different name, the attachment objects, and the firm opinions. I love you Peter Pan! (KT- tell him about the PP costume I had when I was young!)
Just to remind all the blog followers: Saturday is Kate's birthday.
And Sunday is Grampa Jim's Birthday :-)
Post a Comment