I feel as though any hint of baby that was left in James is totally gone now. He is such a little boy and is constantly impressing me with what he can do, say, and understand. He is talking more and more each day and repeating pretty much everything we say, which may or may not be a good thing. He also has developed a total "boy" sense of humor. He laughs at anything related to bodily functions and the other day out of the blue he came up to us and said, "Dog poop!" and cracked up. Now when we tell him to say something funny he says, "Dog poop!" Crazy kid.
**TMI alert**James is showing signs of potty training which I am impressed with and hope that it continues. If we are at home he will ask to go on the potty and when we take him in there he goes! I am not expecting him to be 100% potty trained for quite sometime and we are not pushing it, but I am encouraged by his own motivation and success so far.
James is still quite the Mama's boy and loves to give kisses, hugs, and snuggles to everyone. Lately he has started to call me Mommy instead of Mama which makes me a little sad-it makes him seem like even more of a big kid! Although he is often still shy and serious, especially around new people, we are seeing that start to fade and he is becoming more outgoing and goofy. Finally starting to act more like his Daddy!

James loves to sing and listen to music, and will ask for certain songs which he attempts to sing along to. His favorites to sing along to are; The ABC's, Take me Out to the Ballgame, Twinkle Twinkle, and Baby Bumble Bee. He mainly mumbles to the tune and throws in a correct word here and there. I have tried so hard to get it on video, but anytime I get out the camera he gets too distracted. The other skill that he has mastered recently is correctly identifying all of his colors. James also loves to pretend to count, although he can only successfully count to two :-)
James favorite toys continue to be his "Beep Beep" and his baseball things. He still loves Jax and will tell you that Jax is his best friend. He is also madly in love with Tay Tay, Baby Chloe, and Riley Nelson. He loves all of his friends and loves to sit on my lap at the computer and look at all of our friend's blogs with me. He points to the screen and can recognize pictures of Zephyr, Taylor, Chloe, Riley, Audrina, Addi, Alec, George, and all of his grandparents and aunts and uncles and call them by name. I feel so lucky to be at home with him at this age as he become more and more fun to be around and turns into such a little person!
5 comments:
Oh Jamsey I can hardly wait to see you- what a clever boy!
Thanks for the up-date. I wish I could see you guys more often.
A wonderful post - I miss all of you!
Katy, he looks like such a little boy in that second picture especially! He is such a wonderful kid - we just love him!
We think James is a genius, and his shirt is about the cutest thing I have EVER seen. Alec had quite a bit of fun repeating James "dog poop" joke on our car ride home this afternoon.
Post a Comment