Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Balls, Bats, Hats and Hugs

James can classify everything he sees (literally EVERYTHING) that he does have a word for into 3 categories: a ball, a baseball bat, or a hat.  If it can even remotely fit on his head-a hat.  If he can throw it-a ball.  If he can swing it-a basball bat.  Here is James' favorite hat of the week.

Last night we went out to dinner with friends and after dinner as we walked down the street, James started saying hi to every inanimate object he passed and giving it a hug.  He was a big hit with everyone who saw him, it was quite possibly the cutest thing  I have ever seen him do.
"Hi basket!"
"Hi baseball bat!"
"Hi light!"

3 comments:

Kara said...

That is so sweet -- I have a pic of Addi at that same age hugging our old neighbor's cat statue! James=adorable :)

The O'Reillys said...

I love the hugging - what a cutie!! See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Love the hugging and hi's! That is adorable!!!!!!!