Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Argh!

I tried to enroll James in swim lessons today. Who knew it was such a production? I had to go to Wash Park Rec Center at 6:30, stand in line, draw a number and then wait for them to call my number. I drew #80. Needless to say James will not be taking swim lessons this month. Boo. So now I need to find another activity to sign us up for that preferably does not require a lottery system to get in. I hate to think what it must take to get a kid into preschool in this neighborhood.

We moved the bed out of James' room and moved in the rocking chair from our room. Today James liked sitting in it while I put away his diapers and other laundry. I found this cute hat while I was putting away his clothes that he got as a present from our friends the Leonis. They meant for him to wear it next year when he is 1, but you know James and his ginormous head. It fits him now. So we had to take some pictures. Pretty cute.

And James with his Mr. Bear-

3 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

That is one cute hat.

Sorry about the swim lessons disappointment. I remember your mom spending the night in a sleeping bag in line at Weber when they had us sign you and your sister up for year 'round school, so we could get you guys on the best track.
It's something parents do....

The O'Reillys said...

Katy -
James really looks like you in those pictures in the hat! He looks adorable. Sorry about the swim lessons, that's a bummer!

Kara said...

That hat on James is the most adorable thing ever! Just think, you guys can come and swim with us this summer!