Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

It is pretty weird that I have a whole new holiday this year. I am so glad that I am a mom to James, it is the best job in the world! Tim takes his boards test tomorrow so he has been a studying fool lately. He still made sure that I had a great first Mother's Day though. He woke up with James early and let me sleep in and made me french toast for breakfast. Then he headed off to study and James took a nice long morning nap (yay!) so I could get things done around the house. James and I then went and hung out at Tattered Cover and read some books and got some cupcakes from one of my favorite bakeries. Lucky for me, Tim got burned out on seriously studying by lunch, so he and his co-resident Kelsey studied for the second half of the day at Wash Park with me and James. We realized when we got there that we were all wearing plaid, so we thought a family pic was in order. Well, really only I did and Tim and James just humored me.
James though studying dentistry was about as boring as I did, so we took a walk while Tim and Kelsey studied.

James got checked out to see if the experts think he is teething. The opinion varies.Jax got to come too and got his hair pulled on a lot by James. He didn't seem to mind too much.James also practiced his sitting-he is getting much better and can last a long time before tipping over now.James and I want to wish all the other new mommies we know a Happy Mother's Day too! Jenny, Lacey, Holland, Jodi and Jill, Mommy-to-be Anne, and all the other moms we know-there are too many to list, but especially to my mom, Tim's mom, Amberly, and Kara because I know they read the blog regularly!

6 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

For someone who is so new at the job, you're doing wonderfully at it.

You have many more Monther's days ahead. I'm glad your first one was so nice.

Jenny said...

Looks like a fun day! Happy Mother's Day!

Zach, Lacey, Audrina, & Augustino said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!

Great pictures... as usual!

The O'Reillys said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful first Mother's Day. Love the plaid!!

Kara said...

Thanks for the Mom's Day shoutout! You are such a great Mom and I love that you, Tim, James and Jax make such a fabulous family.

Dr. Laura said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! That baby is so damn cute, when can we begin to expoit him for money? Let's get him into some acting and dance lessons...STAT. I'll be his manager.