We just can't get over how big James is getting! He is growing out of clothes left and right. He likes to sit up and stand up with help, but tummy time is still pretty much a bust. He can't seem to figure out how to lift up his head while laying down-he just sucks on his fists. I don't know if it because his head is too big or what, but I am always worrying about it. I will ask his pediatrician at his 4 month appt this month. We still do tummy time everyday, but he doesn't seem to be getting the hang of it. His favorite things to do right now are to sit up and look in mirrors, lay on his play gym and look at the toys, sing songs while having his nose and tummy tickled, walk around the house and look at things, and read books while sitting in our laps. During the day we do a rotation of those activities over and over and over! I am getting very anxious for nicer weather so we can get out of the house and take more walks and join some mommy and baby classes and activities. There are some at the local libraries and rec centers for babies 6 months and older. So come April, we hope to be very busy!
2 comments:
Don't worry about tummy time!!! Remember- all of the time he spends being worn tummy to tummy or carried around facing you counts as tummy time. Very very few babies like traditional tummy time in the first few months. Once he can roll over he'll like it better. Don't worry about it, and don't force it- he's getting plenty of muscle development when you carry and wear him.
James is so cute. Reed & I can't wait to come see him. We're glad you are all doing well.
Post a Comment