How many boys can fit on this swing??
We love celebrating our boys' birthdays and it is always fun to watch them celebrate with friends. I can't believe that James is 7 years old, it sounds so grown up! Some things I want to remember about James at 7:
- James loves learning and could listen to facts all day long and follow them up with hundreds of questions. He especially loves to learn about animals and history.
- James absolutely LOVES to read. His teacher told us he is reading at a 5th grade level at conferences. He reads to himself each night after we read to him and a couple of times when we have forgotten to go up and check on him, he will still be reading at 10pm when we go up to go to bed. He devours chapter books on his own and loves reading easier books to Mac and Benny as well. His favorite genre is fantasy and he also loves biographies on historical figures.
- James loves riding his bike and can't wait for ski season to start. He tried out soccer this fall and is still not a huge fan of team sports.
- He loves to build with Legos, blocks, magnatiles, and anything else he can find to create with.
- He loves art and drawing.
- James is very sensitive and has a very big heart.
- He loves wrestling with Tim and Mac and being silly and goofy with them as well. I love watching them make each other laugh.
- There seems to be a steady stream of conversations/stories going on in James' head and if he isn't reading, building or listening to an audiobook at home, he is walking around talking to himself.
I love watching James grow up and see his quirky personality shine through. I am so proud of the person that he is becoming, he is such a wonderful brother and friend. James makes me smile and laugh each day and even when he is making me crazy by asking me to tighten his pants for the 17th time in an hour, I am so thankful that this boy is mine!

1 comment:
Holy 5th grade reading level! Happy Birthday James!
Post a Comment