Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lego Kids Fest!

When I heard about the Lego Kids Fest coming to Denver, I decided that of course, our very own Lego Maniac James must go. We had spent the night in Denver Saturday night and this morning went to Snooze for breakfast and told James the big news. We had just bought two tickets because we decided that Mac+an entire convention center full of choking hazrds was not the best idea. James was super excited about his big day, and so was I! We walked to the 16th Street Mall from the condo and rode the bus up to get us close to the convention center. James was literally bouncing up and down in his seat he was so excited. We both had so much fun, it was a great way to spend an afternoon with my Bubba. Our favorite thing were the giant figures made of Legos, James was truly amazed and had to examine and touch each one. He even wanted his picture taekn with most of them, which for James is unheard of!
                                         
    
 
 My favorite was Lightning McQueen.
James' favorite was this shark. Seriously, how cute is his thumbs up?
 There was all sorts of activities and games for all different age groups. James' favorite was the Lego City Create-A-Story station where there was a giant Lego City set up and you could build whatever you wanted and add it to the city scene. James took his time and created a vehicle that was half ATV/half wagon and had flames coming out of it that was driven by a knight wearing a life jacket.
 One of the most popular attractions was an enormous pile of Legos. There were so many people at the giant pile of regular Legos, that James was a little overwhelmed, so we went to the little kid area and he played in the giant pile of Duplos instead. He dug through them and found as many guys as he could. This just made me extra glad that Tim stayed with Mac back at the condo.
Making another Lego creation.
 We walked all around and checked out just about everything before heading out for the day. We stopped into the Lego shop on the way out and James got to spend $10 on anything he wanted. He chose a mini figure and a small Toy Story pack of Army guys. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the two of us, I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time. I loved seeing James so in awe and excited, it was definitely a special day to spend together! He already told me if it came back to town when Mac was older than 3, he wanted to go back with his brother.

4 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

What a perfect day for James!! He's such a creative kid, I love to hear about his creations. So glad you got to do it!

Jenny said...

Everything about this makes me happy! And Jamsey would LOVE Legoland....

Tonia said...

I think its cool they sold tickets so it wasn't a total free for all. How fun!

Grampa Jim said...

I smiled all through reading this. I could imagine how much James would love every minute. Reading this after a bad day at work turned my mood around. Thanks, Kate for your blog posts.