Tuesday, April 10, 2012

18 Months!

It is hard to believe that our sweet Macky is already a year and a half! When James was this age I remember thinking how old he was and Mac is still 110% my baby. He has changed SO much since he turned 1, but I still think of him as my (not so) little baby. We attempted an official 18 month photoshoot this weekend, so be prepared for lots of photos of Mac in my favorite outfit. 

Mac is adding words to his growing vocabulary everyday. He isn't full blown talking or anything yet, but he is getting close and can definitely get his point across most of the time. He is still the best with names. He calls so many people by the correct name, and if he can't say their name, he usually falls back on his trusty stand-bys, Daddy, Bubba or Emmy. When he is unhappy he usually goes in this order, "Daddddyyyyyyy! Bubbbbbaaaaa!! Emmmmmyyyyyy!!!!" I hear a lot of this when I am putting him to bed. In the past week he has added 2 new people to his vocabulary. John-"Nonny" and Riley-"Wah-lee"

Since fully removing dairy from Mac's diet, he has truly become a different kid. I feel pretty awful that I was unintentionally causing him so much discomfort from what I was eating and what I was feeding him. We are using enriched coconut milk in place of cow's milk for him, and he is doing great with it. He is now completely weaned as well, which has actually made him much easier to put to bed and down for naps. He is a great eater like James and will eat pretty much anything we put in front of him. Favorites continue to be scrambled eggs, beans and rice, pretzels and bananas. Pretzels can literally stop a tantrum in it's tracks, so we always have some close by.


At his well baby check the doctor said something about how he would get much more coordinated and be able to start climbing a lot better in the next few months as he gets closer to 2. I said that I literally don't think that is possible. Mac is a master climber. He can keep up with James at the playground and make his way to the top of all the play structures, and climb on top of all the furniture in our house. If he is going to get any better, I don't know that I want to see it.

Mac loves eating, dogs, balls, hats, shoes and being outside. If it were up to him, we would all spend all day everyday outside and we would all be wearing hats and shoes at all times. He loves to bring us hats and shoes and help us put them on and gets very upset when we take them off. At his well baby visit yesterday, he insisted on wearing his shoes the whole time. So he sat around in just his diaper and converse in the doctor's office.
Mac is still completely stubborn and has mastered the face down, kicking legs tantrum. We see quite a few of these a day anytime something doesn't go his way. Luckily he gets over them quickly and for the most part is a smiley, laughing boy most of the time.
 

I love these next pictures, because this is exactly how he looks most of the time. He has the sweetest laugh, and just tips his head back, closes his eyes and cracks up when he thinks something is funny.


Mac basically thinks James is the best thing in the world. He asks for him the second he wakes up in the morning and goes to bed asking for him at night as well. Dropping James off at school is now filled with drama. The second we get in front of the school Mac starts pathetically sobbing, "Bubbbbaaaa!!!!" And continues it the whole way home.
The feeling is mutual, and James will love on Mac pretty much every chance he gets. I am so lucky to have these boys in my life, and they are so lucky to have each other.
Yesterday at the doctor Mac was 25lbs 4 oz-the 65th percentile, 34 inches tall-the 90th percentile, and his head is 51cm-99th percentile. We love the toddler Mac has become and our family sure is better with him in it!

6 comments:

Erin Sungy said...

He is absolutely adorable Katy! So glad he is a happy 18 month old, just wish we could be there to see him and all his craziness. I think my fave pic is the one of him outside in the fish shirt where it looks like he is running. so cute!

Tonia said...

Great pictures, Mac has such cute expressions. Happy 18 months!

Tonia said...

PS- Kellen was 34 inches at 18 mo too : )

Little Miss Nelson said...

How cute is he? Seriously! I can't believe a year and half has gone by already, but we have loved watching him change and grow! I love everything about his red, white and blue outfit and his adorable little grin is to die for! That last pic of him and Bubba just melts me, I love them both!

THE MERCIER'S said...

Happy 18 months Mac! He is about as cute as ever in those pictures. Such a happy boy!

Jenny said...

He looks so round compared to James at the same age! Can't wait to hug on him (if he'll let me) this summer. He is such a little blondey!