We had a great weekend celebrating Spring and Easter with family and friends. On Friday, we went over to the Nelsons for dinner where James got to dye eggs with his good buddy Riley. They ran around shrieking like maniacs the whole night as usual and had a very fun time playing together.
Mac did not get in on too much of the egg dying action this year. He was very excited to see the egg cartons out since eggs are his favorite food and kept saying, "Eggs! Eggs!" and then once he realized he would not be getting any scrambled eggs out of the deal, he quickly lost interest. We had stripped him down to a diaper so he wouldn't get too messy and about 3 minutes after this photo was taken, he walked into the kitchen naked holding his diaper out in front of him and dropped the contents onto Holland's kitchen floor. I will just say the diaper was more than wet. Macky really knows how to class up a party.This morning I heard James wake up and then he ran into my room yelling, "Mom! I just recognized the Easter Bunny was here! And he left presents!" He was thrilled to find a Pez dispenser, a LEGO alien conquest set and some new sand toys in his basket.
The real thrill was when he saw a Hostess Fruit Pie. He has been fascinated with these things since I bought vintage comic books to make decorations for his superhero birthday party last year and all of them had ads in them for Hostess Fruit Pies. He always talks about how he wants to save up money to buy one. Well after 6 long months and still no fruit pie, the Easter Bunny decided to surprise him with one.
After the contents of the baskets were fully examined and enjoyed and the LEGO set was fully assembled, we made our way outside to hunt for eggs. Mac picked up the first egg he saw and was very excited to see it was full of pretzels, his number one favorite treat.
The Easter Bunny didn't quite realize how cold it would be in our yard at 7am, so the boys had to wear sweatshirts over their pajamas. It's a good look.
After his initial egg discovery, Mac found an egg that looked like Elmo and his egg hunting was over. His two little hands were full and he refused to put either egg down to look for anymore. He just walked around the yard saying, "Elmo, Elmo, Elmo." and then busted into his eggs and ate the pretzels. He is easy to please.
I then dressed the boys up, complete with ridiculous bow ties (I made them at James' special request) and we headed up to Ft Collins for brunch with the Nichols.
The tree in our front yard is in full bloom right now and looks so beautiful. I tried to get a photo of the boys in front of it, but you can't see it that well.
Cousins! And probably the last photos of just 4 Nichols cousins. Baby Girl Nichols #3 will be here in just a couple of weeks and we can't wait!
Brunch at the country club with Mimi and Papa where James and Mac both ate an alarming amount of food.
Back at Mimi and Papa's house there was another egg hunt and the kids spend the rest of the day playing together.
Tonight James declared this the best Easter ever, so I would say it was a success :-) He also left on his bow tie all day-even when he changed into a t-shirt and shorts after brunch. When I took it off of him to go to bed tonight, he asked if I could make him bow ties to wear everyday. It might become his new signature look.





1 comment:
How fun! I can't believe how grown up Mac is getting. I love the idea of a fruit pie in an Easter basket : )
Post a Comment