I have had the worst 24 hours of my parenting career this weekend involving lots and lots of vomit, even more laundry, the crankiest 1 year old on the planet who is getting his molars, attempting to sleep on a twin bed next to a vomiting 4 year old all night and a husband who still only has use of 1 arm and can pretty much do nothing to help. Really the only positive spin that I can put on this is that my washing machine just got fixed on Thursday after being broken for 4 weeks, so at least I was able to wash all of the vomit covered bedding and clothes immediately.
Anyway, to make me smile, I am posting a sneak peak at the boys' Halloween costumes (we had a dress rehearsal on Friday after the pumpkin patch). James was quick to inform me that he was in charge of picking out both he and Mac's Halloween costumes this year and went back and forth between wanting to be Batman and Robin, Buzz Lightyear and Woody and finally settling on a garbage truck and Oscar the Grouch. Oscar was actually a compromise because James really wanted Mac to be a bag of trash. I had final veto power over dressing my baby as a bag of trash and suggested Oscar instead. While still following the garbage theme, it is a little cuter than a trash bag.
We need to figure out what James can wear to look like a trash man, since he does not have multiple trash man outfits like his BFF Alec, or at least put him in something different than a white shirt since it doesn't really do much for the white garbage truck. And I need to figure out how we will haul Mac and his trashcan around for the parade next weekend. But I think they are pretty darn cute costumes. My dad made most of the garbage truck when he was out for the boys' birthday party and Tim put the trashcan on the side to collect candy in (it swings into the dumpster on the other side). I got Mac's hat from Etsy and he is stuffed into an olive green hand me down shirt of James' that is perfect Oscar color.We have been decorating the house, reading Halloween books and making a lot of Halloween crafts to get ready for the big day. James loves Halloween and it is so much fun celebrating it with kids!



7 comments:
Great costumes! Sorry about the puking- there is little worse than a puking kid. Poor bubba.
Ditto to Jenny - sorry about sick James. The costumes are fantastic, that last pic of Mac is so stinking cute!!
The costumes turned out great - Tim did a good job on the swinging trash can! Sorry James has been sick - so glad the washing machine is finally fixed. Hope everyone is feeling better.
I'm sorry about your bad teething/puking experience! The costumes are cute. Love Mac in the trash can. Can he sit in the trashcan on a wagon during the parade?
Love the trash themed costumes, as will Alec! So wish you were closer so we could loan you some trash man gear. What about a blue shirt with his name on it in white letters? Also adore Oscar the Grouch! And thank God for Etsy, which supplied all of Charlie's costume this year.
Go to Home Depot or Lowes or ACE and buy a safety vest and let him wear his hard hat (it's downstairs in the shelves with his hats). I like the idea of a blue shirt with his name over the pocket (iron on letters from Hobby Lobby).
Tim did a great job with the trash can dumpster thing.
And MAc is adorable. But carrying him will be quite a workout in that thing. I vote for the wagon idea...but strap down the trash can.
Too cute! Love that they are both smiling in the same picture.
Post a Comment