Friday, September 30, 2011

Shameless Bragging from a Proud Mama

I borrowed a set of beginning reader books from James' school to try out with him yesterday. After sitting with James for about 5 minutes, he could read the first one by himself and surprised Tim by reading it to him when he got home from work yesterday. We bought him his own set today and James read this book all by himself the first time he sat down with it. We have a pre-reader and I could not be any prouder of him!

5 comments:

THE MERCIER'S said...

Um, seriously? What happened to baby James? He is so grown up and smart!! Way to go!

The O'Reillys said...

Very impressive James! He's such a smart little kid, Katy!

Erin Sungy said...

James rocks - we love it, and aren't at all surprised at his early reading abilities. We also love the end where he asks to watch the video since that is Alec's request every single time I videotape him doing anything.

Grampa Jim said...

The only thing that made this any cooler was that his grandmother and I were there to see it for ourselves.

Must be in the genes...you girls read early too.

Jenny said...

well watching that video caused our hard drive to crash, so I guess Jamsey must be a powerful reader already! Zephyr has been sight reading for a while- it is so cool to see them "reading", isn't it? Tell Jamsey that Aunt Jenny is proud of him and proud of yet another generation of Fererro bookworms!