Mac is 11 months old today! He woke up this morning and seems to be coming down with a cold, so excuse the worst brother monthday picture ever. He looks like a hot mess and I reserve the right to retake it tonight if he is feeling better.
Some facts about Mac at 11 months:
-He clearly loves me about 100 times as much as anyone else. He flaps his little arms so fast when he sees me that it looks like he is about to take off flying. He can't get to me fast enough and then throws his arms up in the air as his demand for me to pick him up. When I do leave him with other people, he is fine and perectly happy the whole time that I am gone and then the second that I return and he sees me, his whole face crumples into the most pathetic and sad thing I have ever seen and he just sobs until I pick him up.
-He loves laughing at pretty much anything James says or does.
-He is pretty fearless, he pulls up to stand on anything and will let go to grab something and come crashing down. He is recovering from a black eye right now as a result of this fearlessness.
-He has not met a food that he doesn't like. He will eat pretty much anything I put in front of him, which is making meal time easier and easier. He usually just eats whatever the rest of us are eating.
-He will sometimes sleep through the night until 5am (and one glorious time until 6 am). Too bad this is not predictable at all, and other nights he will be up 2 -3 times.
-He has the cutest crawl I have ever seen. He crawls on his hands and knees, but after every 2 scoots he does with his knees, he throws his foot ahead of him and does one giant scoot on his foot. He is fast!
-He is seriously opinionated. If you take something away from him or try to remove him from something potentially dangerous, watch out! He will let you know in no uncertain terms how unhappy you have made him. Likewise, when he is happy he is not at all stingy with his big grins and giggles.
-My favorite time of day is putting him to sleep for naps or at night. The second his lights go out and his sound machine goes on, he snuggles into me and reaches up to grab my face. He will pat my face as he nurses until he drifts off to sleep. I try to soak up every single second of his sweet babyness and our special bond during this time.
I can't believe that we have just one month left in his first year! James has been looking forward to their joint birthday party for months now and plans are well under way. My two boys are almost 1 and 4, how did this happen?
6 comments:
I'm glad you are getting good use out of the star onesies! Mac does look pretty pathetic, I hope he feels better!!
How is Macky almost 1 already??!!! Despite the fact that he isn't feeling good, he is still too adorable for words....
11 months sounds so old! He is such a cutie, Katy, just like his big brother!
Happy 11th. Monthday, grandson. I still lay claim to those jowly cheeks, a man after my own heart.
Happy 11 months Mac! The fact that he is a month away from 1 breaks my heart more than just a little bit...
He sounds like an extra sweet 11 month old!!
Post a Comment